Tier 1 agents communicate with members through live chat, social conversation, or phone call to answer questions, solve problems, and troubleshoot. Since they function on the front line of member service, it’s important that these agents be comfortable communicating directly with members. Agents work in a standard office environment and are required to have previous call center or chat center customer service and tech support experience.
Agent Duties and Responsibilities
To keep members happy and successfully solve any problems that may arise, agents need to have the ability to perform a range of tasks and are expected to take on these duties and responsibilities:
Receive and Promptly Respond to Member Queries
Whether agents are contacted by live chat or social conversation, they must make a continual effort to respond to members as quickly as possible. Once they receive a message from a member, they must listen carefully to the member’s question or complaint before following protocol in order to resolve the issue or answer the question.
Document Issues and Resolutions
In addition to providing real-time support, agents thoroughly document each member’s question or problem as well as the resulting answer or solution. This way, agents can help improve Visible’s overall functionality and efficiency.
Stay Close to Products and Services
In order to help members as effectively as possible, agents must remain up to date on all the product and service offerings of their organization. Apart from gathering the information, the agent should be able to synthesize it and apply this knowledge to solve members' problems. The agent should also have the ability to adapt to the dynamic environment of the organization where information is constantly changing as the product is continually evolving.
Develop Member Service Solutions
Agents serve as the organization's first point of contact with its members. Therefore, they may be asked to make suggestions about how Visible can improve its member service. Thus, the expectation is for the agents to keep track of general contact patterns when communicating with members.
Identify Bugs and Errors
As the product evolves and more features are being added, it is natural to run into glitches and errors, which are usually shared with or identified by front-line agents. Hence, a major part of the agent role is to have an eye to identify these errors/bugs and document them appropriately in Visible’s CRM platform. These issues can be identified across the product portfolio and services. Identifying these issues and reporting them accurately will help the organization resolve them sooner and improve the member experience.
An agent should also be able to identify issues pertaining to all care tools used on a day-to-day basis. If an agent isn’t receiving messages or isn’t able to login or have any such issues related to the tools, they are expected to notify the leaders for immediate action. In-short, proactivity is a must.
Agent Skills and Qualifications
What we’re looking for...
● High school diploma or GED.
● Three or more years of relevant wireless and/or call center customer service experience (Technical Support experience highly preferred).
● Flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
● Ability to type a minimum of 60 WPM.
● Fluent English written communication, as demonstrated by a minimum score of XX on the XX language assessment for Costa Rica agents.
● Proper grammar along with punctuation are required.
● Outstanding commitment to service and customer advocacy as shown by employment history.
● The ability to quickly navigate through multiple tool sets while working on member support issues are a must.
● Have excellent problem-solving skills, communication skills, writing skills, strong organizational and de-escalation skills.
● Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and explain troubleshooting steps and resolutions in a user-friendly way.
● Research existing content and provide improvement suggestions where appropriate.
● Process adherence, quick adaptation to process changes and low margin of error.
● Executes quickly on performance feedback improving with the very next process or interaction.
● Ability to work independently, self-learner. Highly self-motivated and ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment.
● Effectively communicate without reliance on scripts while conveying empathy, expertise, confidence and assistance.
● Working knowledge of Social media is a plus for all agents and mandatory for social agents.
● Demonstrated ability to provide care in alignment with the Visible Care Mission.
Will edit based on learnings from VZ.