Our Entertainment client is seeking a qualified IT Security Specialist with the following:
This team specifically handles the risk assessments for the various applications across the organization.
Seeking someone with broad security experience, being that this will role will require knowledge of various aspects of IT Security.
- Experience with 3 or more areas including public cloud, secure application development, virtual network big data, elastic compute, cloud security
- Experience in information management and information technology security design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with security event logs from Windows, Unix, intrusion detection systems, network, and remote access solutions
- Experience managing IDS / IPS / firewall systems in distributed/hybrid cloud environment
- CISSP is an ideal certification, Security+ is also acceptable.
There's a significant backlog of applications to be assessed and this role will be tasked with alleviating that workload by performing the following tasks in this order
1.) Conduct kick-off meetings with application owner
2.) Collaborating with the Application team and seeing how the application aligns with the existing security controls/policies & standards
3.) Assessing the applications' overall risk with the team
4.) Articulate finding into a well documented report
5.) Providing the report to the user
Syfter is a staffing firm headquartered in Manhattan, NY, that provides creative solutions for clients and talent nationally. Our team of experts works tirelessly to create great connections industry-wide, and after decades in the industry, we deliver best-of-breed methodology for the best hiring experience.