Rooms Division Manager
Sydell Group LLC Washington, DC
- Posted: 18 days ago
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities.
We are seeking a dynamic Rooms Division Manager to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine love for the hospitality industry, experience in housekeeping and front office departments, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Inspects all areas of responsibility in the Rooms Division
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures and service standards (check-in/ check-out standards) and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
- Ensure staff understands their job expectations before holding them accountable
- Resolve customer complaints (in person, by phone or through written message) from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- Assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Respond to all guest requests, in person and by phone, in an accurate and timely manner
- Work closely with Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to maximize rate, occupancy and total revenue
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff; schedule, plan, and assign work.
- Assist in the development and communication of departmental strategies, goals, policies and procedures
- Monitor front office staff to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition and ensure guests are greeted upon arrival
- Implement and enforce appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company and develop action plans to correct any deficiencies
- Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and assist in plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities, guest loyalty
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security and check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policies
- Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years related experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad London and LINE San Francisco.
Sydell Group LLC
TourismView all jobs at Sydell Group LLC