Commercial Underwriting Assistant (US Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our mission is simple. Helping insurance agents provide top-rated coverage to their commercial property clients. This includes owners of commercial habitational properties such as condominiums, apartments, and mixed retail/residential spaces. For a decade, we’ve specialized in commercial package policies for a wide variety of property classifications.
We have thousands of policyholders that span the nation. Currently, we’re focusing our growth in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, New Jersey, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
About the Role:
This isn’t your average day-to-day Underwriting Assistant position. We are looking for an experienced Underwriting Assistant with 5+ years of commercial carrier experience to come in, learn the ropes and eventually lead our team of Underwriting Assistants. This is a true opportunity for the right person to come in and move up quickly.
To start you’ll need to learn the ropes and become an expert on our processes, guidelines, and systems. You’ll be asked to quote and bind policies, coordinate inspection changes and perform risk assessments and participate in special projects with our company VP. This role requires a detail-oriented, rock star with a great attitude, sense of urgency, and strong interest in building a career in the commercial insurance business.
Key Responsibilities: (What you'll be asked to do)
- Use your keen detail orientation skills to ensure that applications are completed and endorsed properly for binding.
- Communicate regularly with agents via email or phone to address concerns, obtain needed information, or answer general inquiries.
- Create and manage the electronic file set up and file maintenance process for new and renewing policies.
- Follow insurance rules and regulatory guidelines to issue Notices of Rescission, Non-Renewal, Notice of Cancellation, and Rescission via ODEN.
- Utilize our company IMS system to ensure timely follow-up on the daily completion of tasks such as inspections, NOC’s, etc.
- Issue certified letters and notices as needed using our direct mailing platform, LOB.
- Assist the team with general day-to-day underwriting responsibilities and participate in various special projects as needed.
The Successful Candidate: (what we're looking for)
- You're detail-oriented, organized, and can multi-task like nothing anyone has ever seen before!
- You’re a self-sufficient problem solver that is comfortable working in a remote office environment (please note that this will shift to an in-office position once we can return to the office)
- Both internal (your peers) and external clients commend your excellent verbal and written communication skills and the timeliness of your follow-up.
- You are looking for a long-term career opportunity and have your heart set on one day becoming a team lead; you enjoy training and helping co-workers.
- Degree in Risk Management or Insurance or equivalent insurance experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in the P&C, commercial or other insurance-related business necessary.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and able to pick up on new systems and technology quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively using programs such as Slack & MS Teams. You are comfortable sharing screens and video chatting.
We Have a Great Benefits Package!
- 20 days of PTO annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short- and Long-Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Life & AD&D (Company Paid)
- Healthcare, Dependent Care and Transit FSA
- 401K with a generous matching contribution and no vesting schedule
It is the policy of Core Programs to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Swyfft