Our Fortune 100 Consulting client is looking for an IT Security Manager for their Providence, RI location
This is a 6-12 month contract-to-hire that offers benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental
Why does our client need an IT Security Manager?
The IT Security Manager works with customers to define and develop new security services and/or technologies to support existing service. This consultant works with people in various roles: end-user, business managers, IT managers, external and internal partners to manage expectations across all stakeholder groups. They will be responsible for project success; the day-to-day management of security service, including performance management, metrics development, management of process and procedures, recommending security improvements, and developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with all customer security policies and procedures.
What qualifications does the IT Security Manager possess?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Information Technology or related field.
- US Citizen and must be able to pass a background check(s)
- 5+or more years of IT management work experience.
- 3 or more years inside of a Security Operations environment.
- Experience in management, IT Security, operations, ITIL framework, agile project management, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Experience managing a diverse group of technologically oriented members.
- Must possess leadership, communication, conflict management, people management, reporting, critical thinking and problem solving, and planning and organization skills.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the IT Security Manager?
- Supervise and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel staff.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions.
- Contribute security information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Prepare and complete security action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Coordinates activities that affect service decisions and business requirements.
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned customers.
- Act as liaison between the Security Operations team and the customer’s technical management staff.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings.
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure metrics are being met most efficiently.
- Inform senior management about performance and issues, including escalations.
- Monitor and manage customer SLA compliance for SOC.
- Monitor documentation to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Establish professional development programs with Training Coordinator for personnel.