Hybrid Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Swoon is hiring an Administrative Assistant for our client based in Los Angeles, California.
- Hybrid (2 days onsite)
- 4-month contract
- Benefits available: Medical/Dental/Vision
- Looking to hire ASAP
Who is the client I would be working with?
- Our client has been singularly focused on delivering superior results for long-term investors using high-conviction portfolios, rigorous research and individual accountability. As of June 30, 2018, they manage more than $1.8 trillion in equity and fixed income assets for millions of individual and institutional investors around the world.
What will I be doing in this role?
- Provides administrative support.
- Manages calendars, responds to and sends out meeting requests, and ensures schedules are kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Resolves meeting conflicts and handles reschedules to accommodate more urgent, time sensitive requests.
- Keeps managers informed of upcoming meetings and deadlines.
- Arranges complex meetings, assembles and distributes materials, books video conference rooms, and equipment as required.
- Meets, greets and escorts visitors, meeting attendees and candidates. May distribute follow up materials.
- Produces general correspondence, reports and presentations. May create documents transcribing from voicemail, recordings or in-person meetings. Develops appropriate formats and checks for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Organizes complex travel arrangements. Reserves transport and accommodations taking into consideration manager preferences, company cost guidelines and timing implications. Ensures that managers have necessary paperwork for travel (tickets, confirmation numbers, visas, itineraries).
- Completes business expense reports using the online software Concur promptly and follows up on reimbursements if necessary.
- Provides back-up support for other administrative assistants.
- Creates and maintains lists, files and databases to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Organizes and maintains information that may be sensitive, confidential or technical in nature.
- Keeps abreast of internal administrative policies, practices and guidelines (e.g., conference call and WebEx best practices, travel and expense guidelines, Office Services processes, etc.).
- Serves as first point of contact for inquiries. Assesses level of urgency, determines business nature and identifies what inquiries need to be directed to particular team members.
- Responds to routine internal and external queries concerning guidelines, procedures or operations. Escalates issues and redirects technical queries to others as appropriate.
What is required?
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software and applies it to work assignments, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
What would be nice?
- You’ve supported more than one senior manager simultaneously.
- You know that visibility is critical and communicating priorities is paramount.
- You’ve tested various ways to stay on top of your to-do list, and you’ve found an ideal method to ensure success.
- You have more patience than most people and you adapt your style according to the needs of your manager(s)
- You’ve built a career assisting others and know the level of attention this role demands.
- You take a collaborative, considerate and thoughtful approach to everything you do.
- You’ve used Outlook extensively and take advantage of the different options available to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- You expertly leverage relationships to coordinate complicated calendars, prepare documents for meetings
- You’re well-versed in the nuances and complications of booking travel in Concur and managing complex travel arrangements.
Okay I get it… Where do I send my information?
• Swoon handles the staffing need of over 80 Fortune 500 clients.
• We have won Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation Award 6 years in a row.
• Swoon was also awarded the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US from 2016 – 2020.
400 SOUTH HOPE STREETLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Swoon
Get fresh Administrative Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.