Swoon is hiring a Customer Service Representative for our client in the hospitality industry!
Duration: 3 months to start with a strong possibility for extension/conversion.
- Research and analyze data from various sources (i.e., Worldspan, Sabre or any new Computer Reservation System (CRS) that is introduced, related to traveler and supplier issues, such as reservation changes and cancellations.
- Take escalated calls from wide network of Cruise, WWTE, and Thank You Agents and provide guidance on complex customer issues. Access, research, and analyze CRS driven ticket rejects.
- Research, analyze and resolve traveler (internal and external) issues in an accurate and timely manner by using appropriate tools and resources to assess situations and create appropriate resolutions, while maintaining ownership of the issue.
- Consistently meet and maintain Department standards and goals (i.e., queues, ASA, resolution goals, etc.)
- Complete customer transactions requiring a higher level of expertise and/or security.
- Identify policy, procedural and Tool issues which may hinder CSRs: provide timely feedback to appropriate parties for effective follow up and resolution.
- Ability to assist an agent remotely when needed from the workstation.
- Must maintain up-to-date Customer Service Agent skill set
1. Phone Queue
• Provide helpful, professional, useful and effective service for “in-travel” and “post- travel” concerns; the ability to be flexible and to deal with conflict are a must
• Assist customers, vendors and travel agents with elevated customer service issues. Customer Service Reps must display timely and innovative problem solving and decision-making skills as issues arise
• Follow up on all issues in a timely manner to be determined by each individual situation
• Calculate costs and/or refunds due to travelers and make adjustments to bookings in Plex as required
• Follow up with vendors for correct refunds and adjustments owed to customers
• Take appropriate steps to ensure customer is satisfied and close file based on completion of complaint.
• Research and analyze data from various sources (Computer Reservation System (CRS), Sabre, EAN hotels)
2. Personal Effectiveness
• Maintain product and destination knowledge as it relates to ability to provide service by attending offered FAMs, training classes, seminars, workshops, etc.
• Identify service problems and root causes to avoid them from re-occurring
• Assist with training of new hires
• Maintain an organized work area that allows for superior service and follow up
• Attend and participate in offered technical skills training
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with agents, peers, management, corporate, network, coworkers, and vendors.
3. Elevated Problem Solving
• Assist customers with elevated, complex and often challenging problems
• Solve any issue with minimal cost and creativity.
• Make sure customers (Travel Agents and direct customers) are completely satisfied with resolution
• Get hotel penalties and fees waived
• Must be able to conduct self in professional manner on the telephone, and with all other forms of communication, supporting our mission, values and promise.
• Must be able to effectively express self with travelers, travel agents, vendors, peers, supervisors and all other contacts in verbal and written manners, including but not limited to written acknowledgement of post travel inquires and composing letters of explanation/apology.
• Must demonstrate ability to effectively navigate reservation system (Plex), Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel & Word.
• Must be able to function in a Windows environment and be familiar with word processing applications.
• Basic knowledge of Sabre and ticketing
• Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor when communicating with travelers, travel agents, vendors, internal departments, peers and supervisors.
• Must be able to effectively interact with people and as part of a team.
• Must be self-motivated and flexible.
• Must possess basic mathematical skills.
• Must be detail orientated
• Must have good organizational skills
• Proficient in Sabre a plus
• Background in travel a plus