Swoon is hiring an Animation Designer/Videographer for our Fortune 500 Investment Management Client in Owings Mills, MD. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with benefits!
Responsibilities of the Animation Designer/Videographer Include (but are not limited to):
· Functions as Producer on numerous concurrent video projects, focusing on those that are more intermediate and advanced.
· Meets with clients and project managers to evaluate, interpret and re-articulate communication requirements and then recommend and design appropriate video and media-based solutions.
· Assists in the development of project planning schedules and securing necessary resources for assigned projects.
· This specific role requires a more sophisticated approach, and will plan more high visibility, executive-level work, and more advanced animation projects.
Shooting & Asset Creation 30%
· Will pack, transport, set up, shoot and tear down camera, lighting, audio and required set equipment for both live and recorded productions both within and outside of our production studio(s).
· Will be expected to produce video both as part of a larger production team or, as an individual (single/solo) producer.
· Some project assignments may require more advanced shooting strategies and liaison with creative partners.
· Position also requires working with and modifying graphic assets produced by others, as well as creating graphic/media assets for animation.
Editing & Animation 35%
· Projects requiring advanced visual effects, such as motion-tracking, green screen replacement, character animation, and motion graphics will be assigned to the Animation Designer/Videographer.
· Will transfer media and video footage from cameras and other storage media to non-linear editing systems and work with others to prepare material at all levels, but with an emphasis on intermediate to advanced material for release according to a pre-defined schedule.
Special Projects: 10%
· May be called upon to work with team lead and project managers to assess and propose improvements to workflow and process improvements, conduct research and development into new production-related tools, software and techniques, as well as leading and attending training sessions.
Top Skills/Experience of the Animation Designer/Videographer:
· Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud - After Effects preferred (After Effects and After Effects plug-ins such as Trapcode Particular)
· 2 years of relevant work experience
· College Degree is required in Animation/Electronic Media/Media Communications or anything media related
Other Skills/Experience of the Animation Designer/Videographer:
· Advanced experience with graphics and animation production software, including Premiere, Newton, Element 3D and Cineware, and Cinema 4D, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
· Experience preparing vector graphics for animation, creating storyboards and working with a variety of plug-ins in Abode After Effects.
· Demonstrated experience producing a variety of intermediate to advanced complexity animation and video-related products in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
· Intermediate-to advanced level knowledge of and hands on experience with a variety of both in-studio and field cameras, lighting and audio systems
· Intermediate-to advanced level knowledge of and hands on experience with a variety of media and video editing software systems such as the Adobe Creative Cloud.
· Successful completion of post-secondary coursework in video production and/or post production, film-making
· Work experience in live studio broadcast environments
· Entry-level to intermediate experience with graphics and animation production software
What should I know about Swoon:
- America's Fastest Growing Companies 2016: Inc. 5000
- Best of Staffing Client Satisfaction 2016: Inavero Award presented by CareerBuilder
- Best Staffing Firm to Work for 2014 and 2015: Staffing Industry Analysts
- Certified Women's Business Enterprise
Recruiter: Major Accounts