Switchfast Technologies (https://www.switchfast.com) is a growing Managed Service Provider located on the Northside of Chicago. We deliver award-winning service (Ranked #1 B2B IT and Business Services) by an award winning team (Chicago's Best and Brightest 2017 and 2018).
We are expanding our Service Operations department and have available opportunities for seasoned Support Technicians. This is the perfect role for someone who is seeking change, career growth, and a supportive environment. As a Sr. Support Technician, you?ll collaborate with teammates and work with clients to help make their I.T. lives as simple as possible.
Our management team is focused on your success every day; they work with you to create a road map for your IT career that helps you constantly learn new skills and develop professionally. We love to promote from within and many of our Support Technicians advance further into Service Operations and/or other areas of the company!
Your day-to-day as a Support Technician:
- Working on assigned tickets in a friendly, timely, and professional manner
- Visiting clients onsite and providing extraordinary in-person service
- Demonstrating empathy and patience while working with clients
- Solving a wide variety of IT issues with a clear and level head
- Moving from task to task quickly
- Working with multiple tickets or teammates simultaneously
- Explaining advanced technical terms in a way clients can understand
- Mentoring and helping your fellow teammates find solutions to perplexing problems
- Exceptional customer service skills and a natural eagerness to help others
- Actively listening and communicating clearly with clients and teammates
- Making great decisions quickly. Think on your feet!
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time
- Being a great teammate, knowing how and when to step up to get the job done and understanding that Switchfast relies on your work
- Methodically input detailed troubleshooting and resolution notes on your work
- Embrace opportunities to learn because each day brings new opportunities to grow
- Use creative thinking to find ways to improve efficiency and processes for clients and your team
- 2+ years supporting Windows desktops and laptops, onsite and remote, in a professional services (B2B) environment
- Experience supporting Windows Server (MS Exchange, Active Directory, Domain Controllers)
- Managed requests using a ticketing system
- Proficiency in business IT Management Principles (work planning, testing, maintenance routines, data integrity, security)
- Excelled in customer service driven roles
- Consistently working hard for the team with ambition for continuous improvement and career growth
- Hold one or more current certifications applicable to our business: A+, Net+, HDI Desktop, MTA, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA are good examples
- Medical (BCBS of IL), dental and vision coverage with domestic partner option
- Company-paid life & disability insurance
- Industry certification reimbursements with salary incentives for new certifications
- Company-paid financial health & wellness assistance
- 401k with 4% employer match
- PTO & paid volunteer time off
- Quarterly bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- A dog-friendly office. Woof!
This is a full-time position, with eligibility for overtime earnings. Salary is based on your experience, technical knowledge (which we will test in our recruiting process), industry certifications you currently hold, and overall alignment to the needs of our team.
The information you submit will be reviewed promptly! If it is determined you could be successful in this role, we will contact you for an interview.