Account Manager- Deli Sales Midwest
Swiss-American, Inc. Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For more than 80 years, Swiss-American, Inc. and our dedicated team of cheese experts has provided the finest imported and domestic cheeses and specialty foods with dedicated customer service nationwide. We are a deli solutions provider for grocery and we are looking for a team oriented and motivated Account Manager to enhance our Sales department.
Must reside in WI, MO, MI, OH, IL, IN with close proximity to an airport.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing deadlines. Things change, they move fast, and you have to be willing to jump on the moving train!
- Ability to see past the challenge. Things will get turned around, things will get complicated, but you need to see beyond the problem and work for the solution.
- Ability to build relationships. You need to see the pain points and opportunities with the customer and figure out how to build confidence and offer solutions that strengthen partnerships.
- Ability to improve processes. There are a million ways to get to the goal but you need to take what is working and apply it to what isn't to improve volume and grow accounts.
- Ability to think creatively. Sometimes figuring things out and improving processes is more about your Jenga, Tetris, and strategy game skills. Can you keep your cool through the stage fights in order to strategically beat the boss battles?
- Ability to be hands on. Sometimes you have to be wiling to get on the field and run with the team in order to see where the obstacles lie.
- Ability to be flexible in thinking, scheduling, and working. If you can bend and go with the flow when it counts you will weather any storm.
The Account Manager position is primarily responsible for effectively managing a top-level base of retail accounts which requires frequent travel away from the account manager's home office. This position's primary responsibility is generating sales through prospecting efforts in order to meet company objectives in the areas of sales volume, market penetration, profitability and selling costs. We are looking for someone to build value added relationships that result in sustainable growth. Must reside in WI, MO, MI, OH, IL, IN with close proximity to an airport.
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from existing and potential customers. Primary responsibility will be the Midwestern retail accounts.
- Employ solution-selling techniques to identify business needs and develop customized solutions to help customers solve business-related problems; determining which solutions are best suited for each retail customer.
- Build strong partnerships, helping to position the Company as a Strategic Business Partner for retail accounts in the region. Determining appropriate stakeholders and strategy for supporting and achieving objectives.
- Proactively engage in all pre-sales activities including initiating contact with prospects, presenting new concepts, and researching new trends to develop additional business. Establish relationships with buyers up through senior management at the account.
- Make required number of substantive calls on customers. Plan and execute presentations to effectively communicate product and service benefits to Key customers both internally and externally.
- Developing effective customer relationships at all levels within the customer base focusing on building business, fostering partnerships and expanding the reach of company product lines.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly sales performance to ensure achievement of the customer's and the Company's strategic business plans. Develop and propose adjustments as needed to meet plan or take advantage of opportunities to grow the partnership. Share results with appropriate stakeholders and coordinate support team accordingly to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement specific programs to achieve optimal business objectives. Monitor and measure results through daily, weekly and monthly sales reports. Share with necessary stakeholders and evaluate ways to make data and reporting more supportive to sales activities and decisions.
The qualified applicant should have five or more years of sales experience, preferably with 2+ calling on retail grocery chains. Prior experience in food brokerage or food distribution, especially in perishables, is a plus. Bachelor's degree in business or a related field; or equivalent experience. Cheese and/or Deli experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and background in the retail gourmet food industry working with and calling on grocery retail accounts, preferably with regional and national grocery retail chains.
- Demonstrated success in calling on top level accounts with a strategic sales and collaborative sales approach.
- Passionate about food.
- Ability to penetrate and form relationships with many levels of decision makers throughout accounts.
- Strong understanding of product merchandising with a demonstrated ability to set product and displays for successful utilization and sales.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive-level prospects and customers.
- Strong sales, service and business skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively manage a sales territory.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to get consistent results
- Ability to help evaluate and plan for new equipment, new building, and new processes
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Proficient at using PC application; including Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP systems or databases
BusinessView all jobs at Swiss-American, Inc.