We are looking for someone that will be incredible in this position. If after reading the job description below, you don’t feel you are overqualified, please do not apply.
We have created a casual work environment with a lot of autonomy. We are a values driven organization and pride ourselves on having a workplace with open communication and mutual respect. We exist to help other people.
We are a bunch of software geeks and engineers that have turned what we like to do into a thriving business. We are looking for a software developer that is capable of working on web and mobile projects using a variety of languages to add their expertise to our development team.
Your primary role would be to join our development team, assist with the customized development of our client projects and augment the skill set of our organization.
We use many development tools and technologies, including Angular, C#, Node.js, VB.Net, Java, Objective C, PHP, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL, to name a few. We are looking for someone that has experience with most, or all of these platforms.
If you are the right person for this job, you have the ability to…
- Write more high quality code than everyone around you
- Give significant attention to detail
- Understand and lay out complex systems and the interrelations within those systems
- Thoroughly see a given development initiative all the way through
- Put yourself into the zone and focus to get code knocked out
- Be the “Steady Eddie” and work consistently to achieve a set of goals
- Take a small set of instructions, understand them and flesh them out into a full set of requirements
- Communicate effectively with the client and extract concepts and requirements
- Be comfortable with egoless programming and not be afraid to ask for help
- Know when to ask the right questions and not “spin your wheels” to find a solution to a problem
- Be autonomous and have a “can do” attitude
- Knock down all the balls, when too many balls are up in the air
- Move between different coding languages easily
- Handle multiple projects at one time
- Work effectively alone or with a team
- Have the willingness to learn and implement new technologies
- Not be overly competitive with team members
- Strive to work with the team to solve problems and reach goals
- Be incredibly reliable, and do the things you say you will do
- Be flexible and roll with the punches
- Think fast on your feet and quickly adapt to the situation
- Can’t stand loose ends or leaving a job undone
- Have an excellent sense of prioritization for what needs to get done first
- Take constructive criticism well so we can improve as a team and move on
- Are comfortable in the Office 365 and Google suite of tools
You will work directly with the owners, executive staff and the development team. Most hours will be between 8 am and 5 pm, but you must be accessible sometimes after hours, with notice, when needed.
The ideal person is someone that is driven to perform their job with the highest level of quality possible. They know that our clients’ businesses depend on the success of the projects we help them with, and they constantly seek ways to improve their knowledge and skill set. They have a “can do” attitude and can push projects through to completion. They have great customer service skills and know what is needed to make people feel comfortable and a part of the team or conversation. They are a fast learner that handles today’s technology as if they have been using it for years. They must also be creative and have a great attention to detail.
If this is you, we look forward to meeting you and seeing what we can accomplish together!!
In addition, we start our interview process with a Culture Index survey. It only takes 7-10 minutes to complete. Please use the link provided below to begin.
After the survey is completed, you may be contacted within 3-5 days to coordinate a phone interview.