Swim 101 at the Great Lakes Athletic Club is looking for coaches to join our team. We are located inside the Great Lakes Athletic Club at 3800 Baldwin Rd, Orion MI 48359. Our ideal candidate loves children and is motived to see children attain their goals.
We offer flexible shifts either Saturday or Sunday mornings or Wednesday or Thursday evenings, if needed, these shifts could be solid from week to week.
Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Making a difference in children's lives by teaching them how to swim using our Swim 101 curriculum.
- Being fun and positive at all times.
- Providing continuous feedback to students and parents.
- Ensuring swimmer safety by enforcing safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Use problem solving when a child is stuck on a skill.
- Being punctual for one's shift.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc.
- Occasionally required to attend in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Leadership Roles
- Flexible hours
- Valuable work experience
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Our swim coaches and lifeguards come from a variety of backgrounds:
- Camp counseling
- Customer service
- Early childhood education
- Nannying and babysitting
- And much more!
Reports to: Deck Supervisor, Manager and/or Owner
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or teacher preferred. College degree preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are preferred but not necessary for coaching.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Swim 101, LLC
Why Work Here?We are a swim school located in the Great Lakes Athletic Club. Our simple goal is to teach children how to swim so they can be safer in the water. We use a systematic progression to our teachings so that each child can improve at his or hers own pace.
We love people that want to make a positive difference in a child's life.
Lake Orion, MI