Terminal Driver Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
10 PM to 5 AM on Wednesday
5 PM to 5 AM
Thursday - Saturday
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Provide drivers with necessary support due to absence, or during evening and/or weekend hours so that drivers can deliver loads safely and on time.
- Respond to drivers needs and questions regarding schedule, loads, paperwork etc.
- Immediately escalate calls for emergency situations involving law enforcement and/or driver compliance.
- Dispatch drivers on pre-planned loads and complete all corresponding data entry and/or paperwork.
- Resolve load targets and work with appropriate parties to address customers' special needs/requests as it relates to load planning and/or on-time delivery.
- Monitor assigned loads and appropriately document issues and/or resolutions and/or escalations.
- Hand off appropriate information to next shift.
- Promote driver safety at all times.
- Provide operational and/or administrative support to terminal leadership as necessary.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objective.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=7116
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Previous related experience in call center and/or transportation operations preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work in high pressure situations.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be detail-orientated.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience and geographic location.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Swift Transportation
Get fresh Scheduling Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.