- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Serve as the Fleet Leader or Planning Leader while taking on additional Operations or Customer Service leadership responsibility for terminals with 250-500+ trucks. For Express lanes, oversee the continued growth of Express business.
- Assume responsibility for Terminal functions in the absence of the Terminal Leader, if so designated.
- Act as liaison between various internal department personnel; ensure the various departments are communicating needs and opportunities for improvement.
- As designated by leadership, perform set functions such as:
- Purchase of office supplies.
- Staff scheduling.
- Monitoring trailer pools.
- Driver compliance and driver relation issues.
- Address customer relations issues.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of designated department personnel and any other assigned staff.
- Monitor outbound freight within designated planning center and act as 'Service Champion' to identify service issues; manage expectations and collaborate with internal department personnel to provide resolution and execute better service opportunities.
- Review terminal reports such as productivity, unmanned trucks, crashes, work comp, Driver Controlled Idle (DCI), risk analysis, and all other reports as assigned by leadership.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- May perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Ability to lead others, knowledge of the transportation industry preferred, ability to communicate well with others, ability to transfer knowledge, organizational skills, professional appearance, ability to take direction from leaders and detail oriented.
- Education: Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: Previous leadership experience required and a minimum of one year of experience in Swift Driver Leadership, Planning or CSR position. The Driver Leadership/Planner/CSR experience may be substituted with 2+ years of Swift Driver experience in conjunction with a minimum of 2 years of prior leadership experience.
BusinessView all jobs at Swift Transportation
Get fresh Operation Leader jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.