Help Desk Technician
- Expired: April 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Act as liaison between customer and IT department; be first point of contact for end-users, answer first-line questions and provide direction, perform general queries requested by customers, provide basic trouble-shooting and simple solutions to enable continued use of internal IT systems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems (calls, walk-ins, e-mails, etc.)
- Complete tickets to track information technology related problems.
- Monitor the performance and utilization of all system hardware, software and networks; ensure the proper utilization, performance and highest availability of resources including but not limited to: CPU cycles, disk space, response time and network connections.
- Track issues from start to resolution, updating the internal knowledge-base and/or communicating outcomes with relevant business units.
- Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate tier level support teams; act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams and conduct follow up as appropriate.
- Update daily status reports and shift handover reports.
- Maintain knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodology, change leadership processes and risk leadership processes to improve trouble-shooting and problem resolution skills.
- Refine and update technical and business skills through work assignments, advanced technical and business training, attending professional and business industry conferences and actively participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations; develop and maintain positive working relationships with all company departments.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Must possess strong communication skills. Must be able to professionally interact with all employees. Must possess ability to utilize previous experience in providing solutions. Must be able to provide good customer service to all employees who need help desk assistance.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates in Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Experience Required: Previous work experience preferred.
TechnologyView all jobs at Swift Transportation