- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Fleet Mechanic you will complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Diesel Technicians perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, etc).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Truck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Assist any shop personnel as needed to create a cohesive and well-rounded shop environment centered around learning.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, and identification.
- Perform offsite repairs to include all roadside breakdowns as directed by leadership.
- May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers.
Education: High School Diploma GED or graduation required. 2+ years of mechanical experience with on the job training or Diploma in vehicle maintenance from vocational or trade school preferred.
Experience Required: Driver’s license required. Pay range depending on experience $17- $33 an hour.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance – Swift Provides Basic Life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Bonus Program
- Vendor Discounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) 2 weeks (80 hours) your first year
We look forward to you joining the team!
Knight-Swift TransportationWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits, Growth Opportunity's, A place to build a lasting career.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Knight-Swift Transportation