Swift Transportation Magna, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Recruit, screen, interview and hire qualified Driver applicants to improve Driver retention and safety standards.
- Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing openings while maintaining current knowledge of transportation laws, DOT regulations, and Company hiring criteria, as well as maintaining and promoting Company safety goals.
- Offer Driver applicants the most current information. Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Utilize computers and computer systems to set up functions, enter data, or process information, while ensuring that departmental policies and procedures are followed to the highest standard..
- Interview, gather, and analyze information skillfully to obtain a complete application and pre-qualify applicants.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, pay, and specialty and dedicated opportunities.
- Read, review, and understand both MVRs and DAC Reports.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, representing the organization to customers, the public, vendors, schools, and other external sources. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- May perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Extensive travel, as required.
- Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; excellent verbal and written communication skills; sound judgment and problem solving skills; thorough and detail oriented; good listening skills; self-motivated and good interpersonal skills; constantly maintain a professional appearance.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Required: One year recruiting experience or one year outside sales experience (professional level) or one year OTR driving experience with Swift/MS or four years transportation experience or a Bachelors degree may be substituted for required experience.
BusinessView all jobs at Swift Transportation