The Ophthalmic Tech schedule is Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
The Ophthalmic Tech will provide direct patient care under the guidance of the Ophthalmologist, obtain prior authorizations for surgery, and more.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible, accountable and committed to total patient care and satisfaction
- Assist the physician in preparing the patients for eye exams and procedures
- Responsible for assisting the physician with any ophthalmic diagnostic testing as requested and maintaining effective communication through electronic means such as right faxing and secure messaging
- Perform visual field test
- Perform retinal photographs utilizing a Digital Retinal Camera
- Perform clinical skills following procedural guidelines
- Adhere to infection control safety and OSHA guidelines
- Stock and maintain examination rooms, and medical supplies.
- Coordinate the scheduling of eye surgeries to include pre-op visits, lab works, hospital bookings, and post-op visits
Job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Work experience as an Ophthalmic Technician strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills
- EMR experience preferred Bull
- Excellent communication skills & ability to multi-task
- Must be able to go to other office locations based on department needs.
- Refraction experience is a MUST
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ophthalmic Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)