Field Service Engineer- CNC Machine Tools
- Posted: over a month ago
Can live ANYWHERE in Indiana ***
Employment is conditioned on DMG MORI's ability to obtain and maintain any necessary export licensing. Service Engineers are expected to provide customers with maintenance and repair assistance of DMG MORI CNC machine tools on location or by telephone.
Essential Job Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and not limited to:
• Creating and updating documentation of technical information.
• Developing, preparing, generating, and analyzing ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to Service
• Demonstrating a willingness to help others and be a team member; often working together with Customer's Service Engineers.
• Providing assistance and training to Customer's Service Engineers on the installation and maintenance of newer product lines.
• Establish and build exemplary communication and customer service relationships with customers.
• Manage difficult customer situations in a positive manner, respond promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service.
• Other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelors or Associates Degree in technical related field of study preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of CNC machine tools.
• Experience working with DMG or MORI SEIKI machines, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and/or Siemens and controls are a PLUS.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer service orientation.
• Must be able to interact and effectively communicate in person and over the phone with people at all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and sequence (PLC) ladder diagrams.
• Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Minimum of 50% travel in multi-state region; drive or fly depending on distance.
Employee is expected to work at the Technical Center when not visiting customers .
Work Environment: Exposure to manufacturing/machining environments which may present possible hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
General office environment experienced at DMG MORI office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening Physical Demands:
Frequent: Travel, operating a vehicle, sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, and reaching. Pushing, pulling, and lifting objects. Repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements. Periodic: Operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones.
Occasional: Lifting or moving up to 50lbs.
Swift Placement & Consulting
AddressSouth Bend, IN
ManufacturingView all jobs at Swift Placement & Consulting