Area Sales manager - CNC Machine Tool Sales
- Posted: over a month ago
** Established Territory
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is principally responsible for the sale of DMG MORI products to provide innovative solutions to customer work requirements on DMG MORI machine tools. The position reports to the Regional Sales Director on the development of prospective accounts and retention of current customers.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Building and fostering customer relationships.
• Promoting the sale of Company products, and providing technical sales support.
• Conferring with Applications Engineers to assess equipment needs. • Developing, presenting, or responding to proposals for specific customer requirements.
• Recommending improved materials or machinery to customers.
• Proactively visit customer facilities for review of outstanding engineering and service related problems, including strategic review of sales opportunities for up to, but not limited to, a minimum of 25 visits per week
• Proactively visit customer facilities in order to resolve difficult engineering issues.
• Report requirements: Territory Planning and MIS reports are to be submitted weekly. Expense reports are to be submitted timely, per expense policy requirements.
• Semiannual visits to OEM factories in Japan, Germany, Italy, and China. • Develop strategic and tactical plans in order to accomplish yearly sales goals.
• Partner with engineering staff for demonstrations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
• Associate's Degree from an accredited university and 5+ years' of B2B relevant sales.
• Preferred: 2-5 years in B2B sales/Business Development.
General office environment will be experienced. There will be periodic exposure to manufacturing environments which may present possible hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
Frequent: Traveling, operating a vehicle, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones, standing and walking.
Periodic: Repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.
Occasional: Bending, squatting, stooping, and reaching. Pushing, pulling, and lifting objects
Swift Placement & Consulting
BusinessView all jobs at Swift Placement & Consulting