Swift Air Greensboro, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
The definition of a flight attendant is an individual, other than a flight crewmember, who is assigned by a certificate holder conducting domestic, flag, or supplemental operations, in accordance with the required minimum crew compliment, to duty in an aircraft during flight time and whose duties include but are not limited to cabin-safety related responsibilities [14CFR 121.467(a)].
Swift Air recognizes that our flight attendants are our greatest customer service assets. Flight attendants spend quality time with our customers and have the power to affect a positive perception of the Company. High quality standards of performance in customer service and safety are expected by all flight attendants. All duties and actions must be made in compliance with FAA regulations and internal policy and procedures. There is an overall responsibility to provide safety to customers and to make flights comfortable and enjoyable.
The below qualifications can be amended with the approval of the Director of Operations and Manager of Inflight.
***MUST HAVE VALID AND CURRENT USA PASSPORT
***MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
- US Citizen or current US Resident Card
- Current Passport
- He/she must be at least 21 years of age
- Good communication skills
- Speak, read, write, and understand English
- He/she will attend and successfully complete Flight Attendant Training Program as outlined in the FATM.
- Height and weight must be in proportion
- Willing to relocate
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- He/she reports directly to the Inflight Supervisor and in his/her vacancy will report to the Manager of Inflight.
- Fulfill directives from the lead flight attendant.
- Perform all duties as directed by the Company policies and procedures to ensure maximum customer safety and comfort.
- Serve all customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Represents Swift Air’s image of integrity, resourcefulness, and professionalism.
- Required to meet and maintain company standards and regulations for attendance, personal grooming, and appearance while in uniform, or on company property.
- He/she will attend preflight briefings and conduct preflight checks to include but not limited to: Preflight all emergency equipment, check required aircraft supplies, confirm catering, check general aircraft condition and cleanliness, check lavatories for cleanliness and FAA adherence.
- Account for money collected from alcoholic beverage service if applicable.
- Adapt to perform a variety of duties and perform effectively under stress.
- Explain and demonstrate the use of safety equipment and procedures and enforce all safety regulations as appropriate.
- Prepare the aircraft for passengers, greet passengers, verify boarding passes and seat assignments, assist with carry-on baggage stowage and security, as well as prepare and serve meals and beverages.
- Maintain minimum crew requirement during boarding and deplaning.
- Checks with lead flight attendant prior to deplaning the aircraft for debriefing.
- Will always have an uncompromising dedication to safety while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Must be available per ones schedule, to include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- May be required to travel away from base for long periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times while on duty.
- Coordinates with the lead flight attendant for required service equipment and aircraft supplies, special passenger requests, boarding procedures, and special passenger handling needs.
- He/she is responsible for ensuring that the carry-on baggage in the passenger compartment is in compliance with the Swift Air’s approved Carry-on Baggage Program.
- He/she is also responsible for ensuring that the exit seats are only occupied by passengers that are willing and able to assist during emergency evacuations.
- Passenger safety and monitoring for hazards during ground and flight operations and to execute emergency procedures when necessary.
- Flight attendants will report any safety-related occurrence to the lead flight attendant.
- Observation Evaluations will be periodically conducted by members of Inflight Management or other designated and trained evaluators. The time and date of such checks may not be announced beforehand. Performance evaluations are conducted to include but not limited to: Appearance, verification of required items of equipment, and performance of inflight duties.
- It is the objective of inflight to promote an open atmosphere that provides fair treatment of all employees. It is our belief that Swift Air flight attendants are responsible adults who create successes and turn failures into learning experiences. It is also our belief that we can mutually create and reach the highest corporate environment.
TravelView all jobs at Swift Air