Equipment Operator I
Sweetwater County Rock Springs, WY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION: Under general supervision, operates medium and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and large trucks, and performs skilled and semi-skilled work in the maintenance, construction and operation of roads and bridges and makes repairs to equipment that is operated.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
Operates Heavy and Other Equipment:
- Operates motor graders, scrapers, dozers, rollers, milling machine, backhoe, excavators, tractor mowers, forklifts, large front-end loaders, snowplows, sanders and similar equipment in various assignments.
- Operates dump trucks, belly dumps and lowboys.
- Plows snow and flushes and sweeps streets.
- Operates road striping machine.
Constructs and Maintains Facilities:
- Replaces and constructs new bridges and installs culverts.
- Picks up junk cars and trash.
- Patches holes in road.
- Installs snow fence.
- Replaces and installs road signs.
- Participates in shop maintenance.
- Digs out street openings for hot mix.
Maintains and Services Equipment:
- Lubricates equipment operated.
- Assists in maintenance of equipment operated - checks tires, oil, lubricant, water levels, lights, fuel and washes and makes minor repairs to equipment operated.
Other Duties: Performs related duties as assigned
Please review the attached Job Description for a more replete list of functions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressRock Springs, WY
ConstructionView all jobs at Sweetwater County