The Sales Associate’s responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions and recommend the right products. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards. Ultimately, the duties of a sales associate are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Assess customers’ needs, provide assistance and information on product features.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries.
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas.
- Actively seek out customers in store.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options.
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases.
- Cross sell products.
- Handle returns of merchandise.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers.
- Comply with inventory control procedures.
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design).
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a retail business environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years of retail or customer service experience.
- Ability to work well on a team.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.