The Assistant Retail Manager to help organize and run our retail stores and fill in for the Store Manager when needed. This role is highly important in ensuring the sales team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction. Additionally, the Assistant Manager responsibilities include hiring and training sales associates, monitoring inventory and ordering merchandise based on demand. Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure our stores operate effectively, and that we keep our customers happy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest-friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest and maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest services.
- Initiates, monitors, and maintains company standards for merchandising, housekeeping, in-stock positions and guest service.
- Maintains an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertising. Communicates with store management regarding selling trends throughout the store, especially in designated departments. Communicates guest requests to management.
- Supervises the daily flow of work for all sales associates in designated departments.
- Assists in monitoring department trends and makes recommendations for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Assists in implementing floor moves, merchandising and display maintenance.
- Assists in monitoring and ensuring all price controls and ad merchandise setup in designated departments. Ensures the processing and replenishing of merchandise on the selling floor by participating in receiving and monitoring merchandise flow, especially in designated departments.
- Assists in recruiting and developing sales personnel in designated departments.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by store management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
This position supervises employees within the retail store.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in an office business environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of retail and customer sergice related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- This position requires up to 20% travel between stores.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.