Oversee all aspects of process and facility engineering, including Electrical Engineering, Packaging Engineering and Maintenance to assure equipment and facility readiness for production operations.
- Assure the effective design, implementation, operation and maintenance of packaging equipment, including wrapping, flow wrapping, packing and skidding equipment. Oversee the utilization of packaging equipment, including hands-on oversight of start-ups, change-overs, and performing intermittent checks of equipment functionality during packaging runs.
- Trouble shoot packaging equipment issues. Resolve programming issues around coordination of speeds across the packaging system. Integrate new packaging designs with in-house equipment or propose new equipment to support new packaging concepts.
- Test and analyze results of new packaging interface with equipment and make recommendations accordingly.
- Identify and implement packaging cost saving opportunities and emerging packaging concepts.
- Identify packaging material problems and resolve issues of quality, performance and supply with vendors. Analyze faults encountered and categorize systematically for resolution.
- Coordinate equipment repair and modification with equipment vendors.
- Coordinate equipment pm’s with the Maintenance staff. Recommend additions, changes and improvements based on root cause analysis of equipment failure.
- Plan and execute new equipment projects or assist other department members with projects.
- Assure effective interface between Maintenance staff and other departments to resolve conflicts, identify root cause of problems, and implement and document improvements.
- Manage department resources, including labor and equipment, to assure adequate resources to support production, including set-ups, corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, machine cleaning and parts room functions.
- Develop, coordinate and implement with the Sanitation Manager proper cleaning procedures for all equipment .
- Perform employment functions including interviewing, conducting corrective action counseling, employee development and performance appraisal.
- Oversee the planning, development, implementation and overall management of the E- Maint system, maximizing the reporting value of the system and utilization by department staff.
- Oversee spare parts inventory management, monitor parts usage, investigation of alternative vendors, and reporting of high cost/high use parts to justify equipment. Oversee Maintenance Purchasing, including processing non-stock inventory purchase requisitions, and tracking of requisitions to ensure on-time pick-up or delivery of parts and supplies.
- Assure strict adherence to Safety, GMP, SOP, Allergen control, and HACCP requirements.
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with food processing and packaging equipment in food or similar manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, engineering and maintenance concepts and equipment.
- Proficiency in PLC programming and utilization of robotics.
- Proficiency in computer use including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project.
- Ability to work independently as well as member of a team
- Proficient writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving, prioritizing, and decision making skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills at various levels to obtain cooperation and information.
- Flexibility in work hours and schedule.