- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CDL Driver - Street Sweeping
SCA is seeking experienced CDL B drivers with air brake endorsement. The Driver will operate a Broom Sweeper Truck or a Dump Truck/Follow Truck, providing prompt service to customers on scheduled routes, including new housing developments, local cities & road construction, etc. The Broom Truck will remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste. The Follow Truck will tow an attenuator housing the arrow board, to help divert traffic around the Broom Sweeper.
As a CDL Driver You Will:
- Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper / Dump Truck, Pre-trip and Post-trip.
- Review scheduled routes assigned, be proactive in asking questions if route is unclear.
- Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper / Dump Truck.
- Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted while maintaining quality of work.
- Exercise extra caution during inclement weather.
- Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours.
- Over-night travel may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications for CDL Driver:
- CDL Class B
- Clean Driving record
- DOT Medical Card
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Requires work performed in outdoor environments/ Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time. Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
- Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
Sweeping Corp is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Sweeping Corporation of America is Proud to be a Drug Free Workplace.
Sweeping Corporation of AmericaWhy Work Here?
We are growing. Come and grow with us!
SCA Company Overview: Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power-sweeping services provider in the United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the nation’s elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We offer our customers a superior experience in sweeping services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast to coast. We currently have over 50 strategic locations, more than 1,200 safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility, and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation, positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental services' sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit www.SweepingCorp.com.
3314 Biedler StreetNorth Charleston, SC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sweeping Corporation of America