Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. SCA is now the largest contract street sweeping company in the US and is seeking multiple "CDL B" employees with air brake endorsement, position requires TRAVEL and NIGHTS.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for driving a Broom Sweeper Truck or a Dump Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate Mechanical Broom Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste. The Operator will work Sunday-Thursday from 8:00PM to 6:00AM, 40 hours per week and overtime as required. The Operator will be working alone or with a 4 man crew and will learn to operate both mechanical broom & regenerative air sweepers or drive a dump truck.
1. Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
2. Perform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
3. Wear proper and required PPE
4. Review scheduled routes assigned
5. Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
6. Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper or Dump Truck
7. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
8. Maintain quality of work
9. Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
10. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
11. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
12. Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
13. 100% travel required Sunday night through Thursday night/Friday day
14. Perform all other duties as assigned
15. Reliable and safety conscious, someone who can follow a detailed map and directions
16. THIS IS NOT JUST DRIVING, OPERATOR WILL BE IN AND OUT OF THE TRUCK 30+ TIMES A NIGHT.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be over the age of 21
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License Class B with air brake endorsement& medical card.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Requires regular use of eyes, shoulders & neck to monitor vehicle mirrors & back-up camera.
CDL, Tow motor (i.e. powered industrial truck) operation, Valid Driver’s License, as applicable.
- $16.50 per hour, based on experience
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance the following month after 60 days
- Paid vacation & holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer