Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 1000 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. SCA is seeking a Diesel Mechanic.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Diesel Mechanic will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles. Maintain and repair of our fleet of street sweepers and support equipment at our facilities.
Works shop hours typically 6:00 am start time.
- Supply your own Tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance & major repairs of trucks & equipment.
- Hydraulics, diesel engine, welding & cutting work as required for repair work.
- Troubleshooting of electrical & hydraulic problems.
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs.
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks.
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles.
- Use all required PPE and work safely.
- All other duties assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 1 year diesel maintenance & mechanical experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Extensive use of hand tools. Moderate lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping. Ability to stand for a full shift in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as required.
- Valid Driver’s License, Tow motor (i.e. industrial forklift truck) operation.
- CDL Class B is a bonus.
- Rate based on experience
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance after 60 days of employment.
- Paid vacation & holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer