Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse Resident to join our growing Free Standing Emergency Department team located in Kennewick, Washington!
Shift Details: Full time, 0.9. 12 hour variable shifts. Shifts include weekends.
Our RN Residency is set to start February 3, 2020. Our 12-14 week course incorporates didactic learning, simulation labs and hands on preceptor training along with a dedicated Clinical Educator.
About our Free Standing Emergency Department (FSED):
Built in 2013, this beautiful 21,500 square foot facility has been uniquely designed utilizing lean philosophies and the on-stage/off-stage layout to facilitate patient flow, resulting in excellent patient and staff satisfaction. Our FSED is supported by a highly skilled nursing team along with Board Certified Emergency Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians. The FSED's 18 beds include 2 resuscitation rooms, and CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound, and Lab onsite. It averages over 100 patient visits per day.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire required.
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years from date of hire required.
- Active Washington State RN licensure required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required
- ACLS required.
- PALS or ENPC within 6 months, NRP within 6 months, TNCC within 6 months.
- A recent graduate who has completed pre-licensure nursing program typically within the last 12 months and/or less than 12 months of direct patient care experience required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN) preferred.
- Certification in related specialty area preferred.
- ED/FSED practicum and/or Nurse Extern experience preferred.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Registered Nurse you provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. You are also accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.