**Sign on Bonus available $2,500 - $7,500 based on experience!
- Knowledge of blood products, TPN, medications, and correct administration, reducing the potential for errors
- Perform head-to-toe assessment on all patients, formulate an individualized plan of care and evaluate plan daily for effectiveness
- Knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identify dysrhythmias, and provide appropriate treatment
- Ensure a safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors
- Accurately assess pain and utilize appropriate pain management techniques
- Provide care to patients with compromised nutritional/metabolic status and those requiring extensive fluid and electrolyte management
- Communicate with nursing staff, supervisors, coworkers and physicians, consulting other departments to provide an interdisciplinary approach to patients' needs
- Maintain documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- As appropriate, provide direct supervision and oversight of other RN, LPN, and Nurse Assistant Staff.
- Performs other job related duties as requested or assigned.
- Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant nursing experience.
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in Alaska. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) upon hire.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Med/Surg, ICU, critical care, or telemetry experience preferred.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at the Alaska Medical Center
About St Elias Specialty Hospital
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles.
St Elias Specialty Hospital provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!