Providence is calling a Primary Care Registered Nurse (Aniak Cottage, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Communicate closely with the residents and their families to keep them informed of needs or changes.
- Supervise overall resident care for a specific group of residents within scope of practice according to licensure.
- Administer medications and treatments and provide direct licensed nursing care for a specific group of residents on a given shift.
- Contact other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Report to the C.N.A.'s and gain a return report from the C.N.A.'s during the shift.
- Collaborate with all other healthcare professionals as needed for service for appropriate residents.
- Assess residents within the scope of practice according to licensure.
- Update the care plan as changes take place and at least quarterly.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Alaska Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within 30 days of hire.
- Municipality of Anchorage food handler permit or the ability to attain certification within 21 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Supervision/leadership experience
About Our Community
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.