Within Express Care there will be freestanding clinics within the Anchorage vicinity. It is an innovative and accessible care model that leverages technology to crate a better experience for patients and providers. As a Medical Assistant you will be required to perform High Level customer service and concierge as well as front and back office duties.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing quality clinical care to patients.
- Schedule patient's appointments, as well as monitor and manage daily appointment schedules.
- Provide general information to patients including but not limited to financial policies, registration requirements, insurances, etc.
- Coordinate referral preparation, approval and distribution.
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education.
- Facilitate communication between patients, providers, clinic staff, internal and external customers to support patient care.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program
- National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant at time of hire
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong time management and priority setting skills
- working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g. MS outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Email)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years clinical working experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Bilingual in Spanish
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.