Registered Veterinary Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Swansboro Animal Hospital Emergency and Trauma Center is a company in Swansboro, NC 28584. We are rewarding, collaborative, engaging and our goal is to provide high quality medicine to treat pets with the best care possible.
Looking for your next opportunity to join an amazing team that is dedicated to saving lives every day?! Love to live by the beach?! Want a fun, drama-free environment? Then this is the job for you!
Our goal in the near future is to expand into a 24-hour emergency facility. We are located on the beautiful coast of NC. We have been open for 2 years and continuing to grow exponentially.
We practice progressive, high quality medicine with owners dedicated to keeping up with advancing medicine. We have all the toys (high resolution DR rads, ultrasound, endoscope, Ligasure, full in house blood machines (including blood gas, blood typing, cortisol, bile acids, clotting times,) digital cytology, fecal/urine analyzers, oxygen kennels, extensive monitoring equipment, large surgery suite, central lines, full pharmacy-whatever you want to stock to practice at your best, we support!). We currently have licensed technicians on staff who are vital to our daily operation, as well as numerous awesome assistants and receptionists. The dedicated staff work their butts off and truly care about saving pets. We do not pass up the opportunity to hire dedicated, skilled vet techs or assistants to continue our mission of saving lives.
To learn more about us, click here!Job Description
*** We have part-time and full-time positions available ***
Shifts: Weekdays, Nights, Weekend, and Holiday availability (typically 3 x 12 hour shifts a week)
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management. Our Licensed Vet Techs get to use the skills acquired with your degree!Qualifications
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- A minimum of 1-year experience preferred, CVT/RVT/LVT Required
- Weekend and holiday availability (we are an emergency hospital that is open after normal general practice hours)
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to carry out treatment plans and run shifts
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring to include placing IV catheters
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
We offer our staff:
- Our Licensed Vet Techs get to use the skills acquired with your degree!
- Day and night scheduling
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
Swansboro Animal Hospital Emergency & Trauma Center
AnimalView all jobs at Swansboro Animal Hospital Emergency & Trauma Center