Customer Account Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Customer Account Specialist
Job Description: This role will gain a wide range of access and is expected to provide outstanding customer service, daily tracking and tracing of shipments and support collaboration within the team to both vet and verify daily carrier capacity. This role will also be responsible for growing small sized accounts into a managed account status by continuously managing orders, growing relationships, assisting with customer specific SOC (Standards of Care,) communicating with customers on behalf of the sales team, and working with the operations team to ensure loads are covered and on time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Facilitate lane pricing, network optimization and order feasibility.
- Prioritize, schedule and arrange pickups.
- Maintain sales information and analysis to ensure accurate billing and settlement(s).
- Grow volume and profitability of existing customers by providing professional service.
- Focus on securing lanes over loads, repeat customers over irregular buying customers: priority should be placed on finding and developing customers with repeat, truckload volume.
- Load assignment, planning, driver dispatching, freight tracking and tracing and delivery verification.
- Assist sales group with daily sales goals to be verified with KPIs.
- Support post-delivery/ pre-billing audit validation.
- Provide customers with updates on details of transactions in accordance with SOPs, monitor and manage shipments until completion.
- Collaborate closely with sales representatives as required to perfectly understand and articulate customer needs to (a) maximize customer satisfaction; and (b) maximize motor carrier engagement, involvement and satisfaction.
- Ensure TMS contains all necessary information concerning shipment details, freight handling requirements, and all customer needs and expectations.
- Find new customers and close sales.
- Understand customer requirements, challenges and opportunities.
- Manage a customer database and transportation management system, maintaining current information.
- Manage a sales funnel, and moving prospects through to closing.
- 1-2 years in transactional freight sales, logistics or transportation.
- Self-starter with results orientation looking to grow with an amazing company.
- Strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, initiative, and the ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Prior experience with customer sales and service.
- Reliable, flexible and ambitious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong data and analytical and reasoning skills.
Compensation Details: This position offers a competitive base salary plus monthly commission.
BusinessView all jobs at Swan Transportation