Customer Service Representative
Swagelok Kansas City - Omaha - Little Rock - Quad Cities Omaha, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a talented and high-energy Customer Service Representative to join our team and play a key role in helping our customers achieve their goals. This is a great opportunity for someone with a customer service background looking to gain experience with a great organization. This is your chance to jump into a career in a full-time position with an industry leader and join an organization that values integrity, rewarding performance, and strives for a healthy work-life balance. We take pride in the development of our associates and invest in their future with thorough training and ongoing support in their career development. This is a fun and rewarding environment where you’ll work closely with your teammates – which is great because we make a point of hiring people who will really enjoy working together!
This opening is for a full-time experienced professional for our Customer Service team in our Omaha (La Vista), NE office. This person will be a self-starter, eager to be busy and exposed to technologies that impact everyday lives. This position is for 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
WHO WE ARE
Joining our family means working with a team that cares about YOU. As an authorized Swagelok sales and service center, our company maintains regular business hours, meaning no crazy or overnight hours for you. We want people to enjoy a healthy work-life balance. With us, you’ll work with customers and clients of a top-notch product in its industry. Our 55-year-old company focuses on quality, integrity, and respect in all that we do, yet continues growing to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
WHO YOU ARE
You are engaging and energizing, known for your positive attitude and optimistic approach. You are self-motivated and show initiative in your day-to-day tasks. You enjoy working with customers directly. You are anxious to contribute your ideas and perspectives, eager to learn and ready to help our great company grow.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an average tenure of at least 2 years in previous positions.
- Understands the importance and impact of great customer service.
- Has demonstrated excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Is organized, goal oriented, a finisher, and one who loves team collaboration.
- Is comfortable in learning our business system, SAP Business One, and our client ticketing system.
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Commitment to learning and innovating on the job.
- Collaboration with the team.
- Mechanical or technical aptitude – meaning you enjoy learning how things work.
- Having personal initiative and drive to seek out what needs to be done or ask others if they need assistance.
- Earning the trust of our customers as a “go-to” source for expertise, perspective, and ideas.
WHAT YOUR DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Process orders, quotes, and returns through our business system.
- Field customer and sales associate requests via phone and email for orders and technical product information.
- Guide our customers through the ordering process.
- Occasionally assisting with warehouse activities (picking/packing) during times of high demand.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two or four-year degree is preferred.
- Two to three years of customer service experience in a professional office environment preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams required.
BENEFITS & SALARY
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – majority of premiums paid by the company for you and your family.
- Company paid Life Insurance/ADDD and Long-term Disability.
- 401(k) with a substantial company match.
- Paid holidays and vacation time.
Log onto https://kansascity.swagelok.com to learn more about our sales and service center and our team, and www.swagelok.com to learn about our products and the larger Swagelok organization.
Founded in 1962, Swagelok Kansas City (known locally as Kansas City Valve & Fitting Co.) has been operating as an authorized Swagelok sales and service center for 55 years. Its distribution network services a vast territory in the Heart of America, with offices located in major cities of Kansas City, Omaha, Little Rock, and the Quad Cities. Swagelok Kansas City provides the highest-quality fluid system components, service, and solutions available across each of its five full-service locations.
Swagelok Kansas City - Omaha - Little Rock - Quad CitiesWhy Work Here?
Joining our family means working with a team that cares about YOU. Our 55-year-old company focuses on quality, integrity, and respect.
Swagelok is a $1.8 billion, privately held company that designs, manufactures, and delivers an expanding range of the highest-quality fluid system products and solutions. Through an exclusive network of authorized Swagelok sales and service centers, Swagelok Company delivers knowledge, resources, innovations, and value to customers worldwide. Founded in 1962, Swagelok Kansas City (known locally as Kansas City Valve & Fitting Co.) has been operating as an authorized Swagelok sales and service center for 55 years. Its distribution network services a vast territory in the Heart of America, with offices located in major cities of Kansas City, Omaha, Little Rock, and the Quad Cities. Swagelok Kansas City provides the highest-quality fluid system components, service, and solutions available across each of its five full-service locations.
12251 Cary CircleOmaha, NE