Agricultural Lender I
- Over a month ago
Responsible for performing outside sales activities in order to generate agriculture loan volume. Travel throughout markets consulting with current and targeted customers in regards to their agri-business needs. Responsible for the delivery of value-added financial solutions to existing and prospective clients that will help them to enhance their business. Meet retention goals by maintaining positive relationships with customers and resolving issues in a timely manner. Cross sell other Sutton Bank services/products to enhance the client relationship. Act as a prudent agent by performing duties in a manner that minimizes risk to the Bank and safeguards its reputation.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Agriculture. Or a degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or other related field required provided that the individual has farm experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Ohio Driver's License.
Experience: Five years of Ag/farm experience, formal credit training or equivalent credit risk experience.
A: Job Specific:
- Responsible for developing revenue growth through generation of ag loans (farm real estate, operating lines of credit, equipment loans and leasing), deposits, fee income and cross-selling all applicable Bank services to existing customer base, and to identify and solicit Bank services to non-customers.
- Support the Bank's strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Prospect for clients in a new business development capacity by utilizing referral sources, existing clients and centers of influence. Conduct thorough effective pre-call planning, concise sales calls and prompt post call follow up.
- Coordinate with farm service agency to obtain USDA guarantees on farm loans.
- Responsible for meeting customer retention goals. Establish and maintain a customer visitation program. Present information, anticipate problems, and resolve issues and follow-up in a timely manner. Deepen current relationship by exceeding customer service standards.
- Ensure that customer relationships are managed to the highest profit potential for the Bank, taking into account Bank risk and customer needs.
- Responsible for relationship review and overall relationship profitability.
- Work with Credit Analysts, and other members of the Credit Department to underwrite credit requests. Underwrite loans within the assigned lending limit and provide funding to each approved applicant in conformity with the Lending Policy.
- Meet with customers/prospects to identify credit needs and develop/initiate a credit/deposit solution to assist the customer in meeting their financial needs.
- Attend community and/or specific industry forums, conferences and/or meetings in order to broaden relationship networks and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, services and the competitive landscape. Coordinate the annual Ag Outlook sessions.
- Cross-sell all applicable products and services to an existing portfolio of business customers and their owners/senior management. Refer customers in need of specialized services to the appropriate business partner (ie. Financial Advisor and Business Development Officer).
- Develop calling plans to define necessary activity to attract and retain customer base. Utilize Customer Relationship Management system for client activity tracking. Manage call reports and pipeline. Complete administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, information concerning customer financial performance, condition, and industry trends to determine credit exposure and verify it is priced accordingly.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Lending Policy and documentation procedures and ensure each credit is managed according to these requirements.
- Ensure all credits conform to the Loan Review Policy.
- Work closely with Loan Processors to verify loan packet is complete and that all the necessary documentation is on file. Track packet through the approval process for a timely closing. Maintain an acceptable documentation error rate.
- Assist in the collection of loans which are 60 days past due. Meet past due loan goals. Monitor loans and work with the customer to reduce net charge offs.
- Assist Credit Analyst with obtaining complete and accurate financial and background information required for underwriting.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of the business area that is being supported.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to calculate figures as it relates to accounting/lending processes.
- Ability to understand cash flows and analyze financial statements as it relates to farming (crops and/or livestock).
- Ability to build new client business and provide a positive client experience.
Sutton Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sutton Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?