Sutter Healthcare- Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse RN L&D
Sutter Health Walnut Creek, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Northern and Southern California Hospitals
Job Category: RN
Department: Labor and Delivery
Job Description: Sutter Healthcare expects the RN will provide care to patients with excellent customer care, their daily nursing process and positivity, to the patients as well as Healthcare Professional team members.
- Current CA RN license.
- One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in
L&D or completion of a L&D course (which includes basic fetal monitoring and NRP) or approved equivalent within prior 12 months.
- Current BLS, NRP & ACLS card required, AWOHNN (FHM)
- Successful completion of AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring required.
- May be expected to cross train to at least 1 other Perinatal area.
- Ability to scrub and circulate as required.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Upholds Sutter's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own and team members scope of practice and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific operations and patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility and authority w/ subordinates and holds him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve w/ other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies w/ regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, and education.
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed w/ patient, family/significant others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions.
- In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical mgmt plan.
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
- Charting is accurate, legible, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects nursing process and interventions and evaluations taken.
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently for optimal patient care.
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes w/ physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
- Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of data, assessments, and evaluations of patient outcomes.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, and improving.
- Workplace Safety principles and practices.
- Applies standard precautions.
- Maintains a safe environment for self and others.
Patient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient requests.
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients w/ courtesy, respect, kindness and compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and ensures comprehension.
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members' expectations.
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive criticism.
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees, registry, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings as required, actively participates in other departmental professional development (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
- Participates w/ the assessment of current and future unit learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self- informed of activities on the unit and makes recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program.
- Reports to assigned area promptly, being present and available for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum potential.
Sutter Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
It includes doctors, hospitals and other health care services in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns. Major service lines of Sutter Health-affiliated hospitals include cardiac care, women and children services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
Sutter Health is a not-for-profit health system in Northern California, headquartered in Sacramento. It includes doctors, hospitals and other health care services in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns. Major service lines of Sutter Health-affiliated hospitals include cardiac care, women and children services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
AddressWalnut Creek, CA