the greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds, Memorial
Medical Center MMC at http://www.memorialmedicalcenter.org/ provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergencycare
- inpatient andoutpatient surgery
- specialtyservices in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy,diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma Center
Medical Center is an accredited ChestPain Center and STEMI(heart attack) Receiving Center.
is part of Sutter Health at http://annualreport2015.sutterhealth.org/ , one of the nation's top five large health systems at http://news.sutterhealth.org/2016/04/25/sutter-health-named-among-top-u-s-health-systems/ thanks
to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers-more
than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health's not-for-profit mission,
these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal.
From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home
services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in
their care-nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse
and innovative regions in the world.
Under direction of the
Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) is directly
responsible for the performance of physical therapy treatments and other direct
rehabilitation services provided to acute care patients.All patient services are documented
appropriately and updated to justify continued intervention.
- Graduate from an accredited program of Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), or equivalent foreign physical therapy degree acceptable to the Physical Therapy Board of California.
- Current PTA Licensure by the Physical Therapy Board of California, OR must obtain within 180 days of hire.
- Certified as a Basic Life Support provider (BLS).
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job
- Able to work frequent PM or weekend shifts
- An active member of American Physical Therapy Association.
- Previous experience in physical disabilities and rehabilitation in acute care setting.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.