full-service acute care facility serving the residents of Tracy for over 70
years, Sutter Tracy Community Hospital has a total of 79 inpatient beds. The
hospital provides Basic Emergency Medical Services in a 14 bed E.D., inpatient
and ambulatory surgical services, medical surgical, telemetry and coronary
care, diagnostic imaging, laboratory and rehabilitation services, including
physical, speech and occupational therapy. Areas of specialized care include a
Pain Clinic, Wound Care and Continence Center, and a Family Birthing Center.
The Oncology Nurse Navigator functions on the multidisciplinary teamas the strategic point of contact for cancer patient and their families. The Navigator's primary function is assisting patients and families through the healthcare system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers and tracking interventions and outcomes with the goal of achieving optimal patient outcome. The Navigator serves as a point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources regarding accessing clinical and supportive care. The Navigator also assists patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options and the internal and community resources available and educates patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies.Collaborates in the development and coordination of support functions related to cancer including but not limited to: multi-disciplinary Tumor Board, support groups & counseling and patient resource development.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with an active license in the State of California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Prior clinical nursing experience in an oncology setting required.
- Experience working with a variety of contacts within and outside of the workplace.
- Ability to manage group processes and build effective working relationships.
- Dynamic and motivating teaching style in individual and group teaching settings required.
- Knowledgeable in adult teaching methodology is required: ability to deliver educational programs to staff and the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills' including proficiency in public speaking is required.
- Ability to develop materials involving graphics and tables required.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Oncology Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist (AOCNS)
- Breast Cancer Patient Navigator Certification
- Prior experience as a navigator is desirable
- Strong project or program development and management experience.
- Experience with multiple computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as other hospital based systems (electronic health record, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of breast cancer should include, but are not limited to, diagnosis and natural course of breast cancer disease; current treatment options available, including clinical trials; associated complications of treatment and/or the disease; quality of life issues surrounding breast cancer and the various therapies; and survivorship.
- Knowledge of the overall cancer disease proceeses and treatment options.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills including demonstrated strong physician relations.
- Knowledge of HIPPA regulations as they pertain to patient privacy and protected health information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision and effectively establish work priorities.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work both independently or effectively as a team with a variety of healthcare specialists.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to concentrate on multiple and varied tasks.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.