The Clinical Dietitian develops and implements quality nutritional care for adult and geriatric patients through assessment, education and counseling, charting in the medical record, and inter-disciplinary communications. Acts as liaison between Dietary and patient. Acts as a resource for nutritional expertise to physicians and other health care professionals and in-service education. Conducts Quality Review audits, participates in the development of diet manual, QA Program, and Standards of Care. Population served is adult and geriatric. Assists Department Manager for daily operations in entire department.
- B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in Nutrition or related field is required
- Registered Dietitian (RD) status from the Commission on Dietetic Registration is required
- Experience in a health care setting and long-term environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership of personnel and strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in the development of action plans and implementation of routine and special projects required.
- Knowledge in geriatric areas desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and training skills required.
- Familiarity with JCAHO, Title 22, CDC, OBRA, OSHA, Title 65, Title 8, Health and Safety codes.
- Knowledge of hazardous chemical used in the Dietary Department or food preparation techniques and standards also required.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, equipment, and solutions as related to a health care facility of comparable size required.
- Knowledge of Performance Improvement concepts desired.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct set forth in Sutter Delta Medical Center, standards for business conduct policies and procedures.
- Performs duties in a safe, ethical and honest manner, and promptly and appropriately addresses any potential violations of the Sutter Delta Medical Centerstandards for business conduct policies and procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability, flexibility of management style and effective problem solving skills required.
- Strong computer skills.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.