- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Overview: Sustainment is a software platform that intelligently connects the fragmented ecosystem of small to mid-sized American suppliers, with their enterprise customers, to enable agile supply chain networks. Our software enables US-based manufacturers to find and engage with the critical suppliers they need to build secure, resilient, domestic supplier networks. Sustainment is a mission-driven business that is organized as a Public Benefit Corporation in support of American manufacturers.
We recently raised our Series A financing, led by Unless.
Job Overview: The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the data science team in designing CAD models for industrial parts as a part of AI product building. Mechanical Engineer will also be responsible for developing manufacturing process charts and Bill of Materials (BOM) for parts.
- Design products such as engines, machines, instruments, controls, or industrial components
- Works with a data science team to create designs for manufacturing specific geometric features
- Uses computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create preliminary and detailed drawings of the product
- Produces specifications for products and chooses raw materials and components to be used in production
- Studies the test data and makes comparisons with similar designs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in manufacturing process planning in custom manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Automotive parts and their manufacturing processes.
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling and in-depth knowledge of design principles and DFM principles.
- In-depth knowledge of 3D printing process families such as binder jetting, directed energy deposition, material extrusion, material jetting, powder bed fusion, sheet lamination and vat polymerization.
- Experience in manufacturing cost estimation for custom manufacturing parts
- Experience in analyzing GD&T data from CAD drawings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Sustainment offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, company holidays, and 401K matching.
Sustainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Get fresh Mechanical Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.