- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
More Jobs Like This
Sustainable Talent is teaming up with a global leader in the clinical diagnostics, environmental, food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics testing as well as in agro-sciences CRO (Contract Research Organization) services to grow their team. This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and is a Direct Hire position. This role will be for the 2nd Shift Wednesday-Saturday 3PM-1:30AM and/or 3rd shift - Sunday - Wednesday, 11 pm - 9:30 am.
Laboratory Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculating the results of the tests performed in necessary
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions and notifying management personnel when appropriate
- Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products
- Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated
- Determining performance specifications for new methods
- Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers
- Monitoring quality assurance/continuous improvement programs
- Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations
- Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results
- Writing laboratory procedures conforming to standardized format
- Reporting test results conforming to established procedures
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
- Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology
- Ability to instruct subordinate technologist in areas of medical laboratory testing
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full time, four 10-hour days, 10 pm - 8:30 am, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Philadelphia, PA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Please be aware that this role will require access to a site that requires COVID-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Prior to starting work in this position, employees must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements1. Exemptions will be granted as warranted by medical contraindications, disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Sustainable Talent is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
USAView All SustainableTalent Jobs
Over a month ago
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.