Sussman-Ross Professional Asso Springfield, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
Join our busy Podiatry practice as a Medical Scribe to assist our healthcare team with documenting patient medical records. The successful applicant, with speed and accuracy, will assist the Podiatric Physician by accompanying him during daily office visits to record all aspects of the encounter based on the requisite visit level of coding and by generating a master electronic document which entails the office visit details. The ideal candidate will provide the highest quality customer service to patients, adhere to practice protocols and processes, and effectively manage the volume of work without allowing quality to be compromised. If you have prior experience working in a medical practice, we encourage you to apply.
- Record details of the chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam, medications, allergies, etc.
- Record details of physical exam including pertinent positives, negatives and noted abnormalities.
- Record sufficient information in the physician's assessment and plan based on the level of complexity
- Correct errors in transcription, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Facilitate diagnostic tests, referrals, prescriptions, etc
- Assist the Physician with fundamental patient care
- Make appointments for patients
- Other admin tasks
- Previous experience in medical transcription or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical terminology, proficient computer and typing skills (>60wpm preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent bedside manner with an ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
$16.00 - $20.00/hour based on previous experience
Sussman-Ross Professional AssoWhy Work Here?
Team/family environment, we provide training
We believe in team approach and creating family friendly environment for our patients and staff.