- Posted: over a month ago
Department: Central Office
Job Title: Computer/Network Technician
- B.S. in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred
- Industry-standard certifications are strongly encouraged, but not required.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Reports To: Coordinator of Technology
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of
specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical
assignment to the position.)
- Responds to reported incidents via IT Direct system;
- Maintains accurate records in the IT Direct system, recording appropriate information for incident status and resolution;
- Manages and maintains mobile laptop lab(s);
- Manages and troubleshoots desktop/laptop hardware and office software systems. This includes new system setup as well user-initiated requests on existing systems;
- Assists network administrator with server support and maintenance procedures;
- Assists in local project implementation, such as technology refresh and rollouts and other infrastructure improvements;
- Assist with operational duties. These include but may not be limited to maintenance of user accounts, email accounts, access rights, issuance of technology assets (Laptops, Broadband cards, etc.) and distribution of consumables (toner cartridges, etc.);
- Installs and maintains local and network printers and software;
- Troubleshoots Audio/Visual issues (Promethean Board, projector, TV issues) as requested;
- Performs basic network troubleshooting of cable/network jack problems and TCP/IP related issues;
- Assists with computer inventory;
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on workstations and printers;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software components.
- Basic knowledge of current versions of MS Windows operating systems including current versions of Windows and Windows Server.
- Basic knowledge of PC Hardware configuration and troubleshooting techniques. Basic knowledge of principles of networking, i.e., how basic connectivity is established. Knowledge of proper use of basic tools.
- Knowledge of shop and field safety procedures.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables by applying scientific methods and to isolate variables while troubleshooting.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employment: 8 hours per day, 12 months (250 days)
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Sussex County School Board’s policy manual.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Sussex County School Board is an equal opportunity employer; as such, it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, handicapping condition, or sex in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.
Sussex County Public Schools
AddressStony Creek, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Sussex County Public Schools