Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defense, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centers and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are seeking to recruit a Technical & Quality Manager, Global Cruise to be based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Technical & Quality Manager will develop and continuously improve the technical and quality programs focused on cruise customers globally. The role reports to the Operations Director, Global Cruise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a truly differentiated inspection and maintenance program for equipment regulated under the Life-Saving Appliances (LSA) and Fire Safety Systems (FSS) codes, supported by technical resources as required
• Gain approval of the above-mentioned program from Recognized Organizations
• Hold full ownership of the enhanced inspection and maintenance program
• Continuously enhance technical servicing quality
• Design technical offers, in cooperation with technical sales personnel
• Write and maintain the quality management program and associated policy
• Write and maintain training programs focused on shipboard crew
• Perform quality control inspections on products supplied to the customers in order to ensure selected products continuously perform as required
• Inform the Operations Director of any major product issues or failure of compliance with the quality management system
• Strong technical background in LSA and/or FSS
• Engineering experience is preferred
• Experience writing and maintaining quality programs
• Highly analytical and structured, with ability to synthesize customer and regulatory requirements into a usable program
• Motivated by new challenges
• Skilled in the use of various IT systems and databases
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary plus benefits including health, dental, life, short-term, long-term disability, accident and critical illness insurances, plus 401(k) (Pre-Tax and Roth) with company match and contribution. A performance based bonus scheme applies to this position.
To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.