Director of Marketing & Communications
- Posted: over a month ago
Surgo Health solves big health problems with precision. Our approach precisely and personally identifies the “why” behind human behavior – because there’s no such thing as a general population or general patient. Our products combine behavioral science and data science to enable clients to deliver equitable care to the right care to the right person at the right time.
Our product team, scientists, and healthcare experts use behavioral science, data science, and artificial intelligence to build innovative scalable solutions that improve and save lives. We are a growing team with ambitious plans to launch our first data-centric product and are in search of top-class talent who want to roll up their sleeves and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As a start-up based in DC, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives in a start-up culture and wants to help shape the future of how our products deliver value to healthcare clients. We believe our product can make healthcare more precise, personalized, and equitable and has the opportunity for impact at scale.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will be the driving force designing and implementing Surgo’s overall communications strategy. We are looking for a creative and versatile marketing and communications professional who will build Surgo’s brand, position and market our products, and bring a creative multimedia approach to communications and content development. We need equal parts creativity and results-orientation.
Branding and Strategy
- Develop and oversee Surgo’s brand and strategic communications vision
- Develop and implement publicity strategies for the company’s products and services
- Develop, oversee, and support a thought leadership strategy for the CEO and senior leadership
- Align and collaborate across the organization to ensure teams are up to date on external activities and equipped with the latest messaging and materials
- Develop branding, website, and other materials for a new company launch
Product Positioning and Content Development
- Lead marketing campaigns and projects to garner engagement and raise brand awareness with Surgo stakeholders
- Position Surgo products with messaging and materials to support client pitches, partner meetings, and other interactions
- Develop and implement a creative, multimedia content strategy that maximizes the impact of Surgo’s work
- Support development and maintenance of relationships with influential stakeholder groups, including clients, investors, and partners
Channel Distribution Strategy
- Develop a distribution strategy that maximizes content development, reaches target audiences, and evolves with company growth
- Set and implement media relations strategy, including developing and maintaining relationships with media and journalists
- Develop and implement social media strategy to meet communication goals
- Develop and implement email marketing strategy to increase engagement with current readers and reach new readers/audiences
- Manage and oversee vendors and contractors, determining the right talent and support to meet our goals
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years in a role involving PR, marketing, and/or communications
- Experience working in tech, health, and/or startup companies
- Self-starter with a passion for elevating brands in health and tech through creative campaigns
- Strong eye for visual design when reviewing materials created by vendors and team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and proven ability to position for different formats, platforms, and audiences
- Experience with media outreach working with journalists and media outlets
- Passionate about data and demonstrated ability to convert data insights into simple stories using diverse set of mediums (written, visual)
- Collaborative team player who can work effectively in a matrixed, fast-moving, startup environment
- Ability to effectively alternate between thinking strategically and executing high quality tactics
Location: Washington, DC. We operate in a hybrid model, with our full DC team in the office at least two days/week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What you’ll love about Surgo:
- Fantastic colleagues and opportunity to solve tough challenges in healthcare
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and tremendous opportunities for growth
- Public Benefit Corporation with an impact and equity mission
- Competitive compensation and health benefits
- Generous PTO, 10+ holidays
- Highly competitive 401K
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Professional Development opportunities
- Hybrid environment
- Fantastic colleagues and opportunity to solve tough challenges in health
Our hiring philosophy
We hire for passion and core competencies.
We look for problem solvers and lateral thinkers.
We love it if you have done different things with your time.
If you think you are ideal for this position, write to us even if your experience doesn’t match all the requirements listed above.
- Short-listed applicants will go through several steps: phone screen, interview with the hiring manager, a take-home project, and an “on-site” (virtual or in-person) with the team.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Policy
Surgo believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes a stronger team and more impactful organization and we are committed to building and developing this team and environment. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veterans status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?