Certified Medical Assistant provides a variety of patient care related activities within the office. These activities include but are not limited to:
• Works closely with the surgeon in clinical setting.
• Assist physician with direct patient care as directed.
• Serves as the clinical liaison between physician and patient and between physician and hospital/surgical facility.
• Schedules assigned patient surgeries and tests.Ensures all pre-authorization are completed prior to surgery
• Sterilize Instruments. Order and inventory supplies
. • Ensures clerical responsibilities and patient information is completed in a timely manner as assigned.
• Performs clerical duties necessary for the physicians to see patients; contacts patients regarding test results or for other related reasons as directed.
• Adheres to the medical assistant scope of practice per federal/state laws.
• Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, and safety standards of the organization.
• Ensure certifications are current and up to date.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience: • High school diploma or equivalency; required • Medical certification: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA); required • 1+ year experience as a Medical Assistant; preferred The ideal candidate will also possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: • Provide exceptional customer service to individuals • Ability to multi-task • Computer literate