Onsite Surgical Instrument Repair Technician
We are growing! Great opportunity to join one of the best health care partners in the industry!
Multiple positions nationwide!
About Surgical Instrument Service Company
For almost 50 years, Surgical Instrument Service Company, Inc. (SIS) has been providing superior products and services to hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We pride ourselves on the personalized service we provide to each one of our customers.
Every action we take is aimed at making things easier for our customers from providing the widest range of equipment repair, to doing the job right the first time, every time. Through continuous innovation, process improvement and an unwavering desire to be the best SIS provides our customers with the greatest value in repair services. We are passionate about being a part of the continuum of care for happier and healthier patients.
The Onsite Surgical Instrument Repair Technician will be responsible for repairing and refurbishing a full range of surgical instruments according to industry best practices, and manufacturer and company specifications using a company-owned mobile lab. He/She will ensure proper maintenance of the mobile lab and its contents, and follow all safety guidelines while operating the mobile lab and all of the attendant machinery. The Technician must perform semi-autonomously, assessing instrumentation, evaluating problems, and executing repairs. He/She must take ownership of responsibilities and act proactively on behalf of the company and the customer, ensuring the highest quality customer experience. He/She must present a professional demeanor at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sharpen, straighten, align, refurbish, recondition, repair, replace missing or worn parts of customer instrumentation through various means according to industry best practices and company guidelines.
- Repair, calibrate, refurbish all general and specialty instrumentation and various other medical equipment as is customary to repair in a mobile lab.
- Ensure all information provided to home office is correct and accurately recorded
- Interact with hospital personnel in a professional manner to ascertain necessary repairs and make recommendations to hospital personnel regarding upkeep of instrumentation and to perform all other necessary interaction to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Receive and return instrumentation to customer in a professional and timely manner, consult with hospital personnel regarding instrumentation and repairs and make recommendations to hospital personnel regarding instrumentation as necessary.
- Maintain mobile repair lab inventory and supply levels, as well as adhere to SIS SOP for Mobile Repair Labs.
- Forward any equipment not designated for repair on Mobile Repair Lab to designated service location.
- Maintain service logs for Mobile Lab and Mobile Lab accessories and equipment.
- Adhere to hospital criteria, products, special contract terms, etc.
- Perform and/or ensure periodic maintenance/repair (tire rotation/change, major motor, body, generator repair, etc.) or bring vehicle to specialist for other maintenance and repair.
- Generate and distribute paperwork to customers such as invoices, tray requests, tray rotation, and other documentation as required by SIS or the customer.
- Acquire a purchase order number from customers for each repair visit where appropriate.
- Maintain a master tray list for each customer including service dates
- Identify areas of improvement regarding quality issues, and offer solutions
- Actively participate in continued education and training
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel
- Capable of using both hands to manipulate instruments, tools, and machinery
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Ability to work well under deadlines
- Basic computer skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to operate semi-autonomously
- Aptitude for analyzing and solving problems
- Capable of standing/being on feet majority of the day
- Capable of occasionally lifting items up to 50 pounds
- Maintain a professional demeanor
SIS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For more information on SIS, please visit: www.sis-usa.com.
Surgical Instrument Service CoGlendale Heights, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.