Reports to: The Onsite Repair Technician will report to the VP, Technical Operations
Position Summary: The Onsite Repair Technician will be responsible for repairing and refurbishing a full range of surgical instruments according to industry best practices, and manufacturer and company specifications using a company-owned mobile lab. He/She will ensure proper maintenance of the mobile lab and its contents, and follow all safety guidelines while operating the mobile lab and all of the attendant machinery. The Onsite Repair Technician must perform semi-autonomously, assessing instrumentation, evaluating problems, and executing repairs. He/She must take ownership of responsibilities and act proactively on behalf of the company and the customer, ensuring the highest quality customer experience. He/She must present a professional demeanor at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sharpen, straighten, align, refurbish, recondition, repair, replace missing or worn parts of customer instrumentation through various means according to industry best practices and company guidelines.
- Repair, calibrate, refurbish all general and specialty instrumentation and various other medical equipment as is customary to repair in a mobile lab.
- Ensure all information provided to home office is correct and accurately recorded
- Interact with hospital personnel in a professional manner to ascertain necessary repairs and make recommendations to hospital personnel regarding upkeep of instrumentation and to perform all other necessary interaction to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Receive and return instrumentation to customer in a professional and timely manner, consult with hospital personnel regarding instrumentation and repairs and make recommendations to hospital personnel regarding instrumentation as necessary.
- Maintain lab inventory and supply levels, as well as adhere to SIS SOP for Mobile Repair Labs.
- Forward any equipment not designated for repair on Mobile Repair Lab to designated service location.
- Maintain service logs for Mobile Lab and Mobile Lab accessories and equipment.
- Adhere to hospital criteria, products, special contract terms, etc.
- Perform and/or ensure periodic maintenance/repair (tire rotation/change, major motor, body, generator repair, etc.) or bring vehicle to specialist for other maintenance and repair.
- Generate and distribute paperwork to customers such as invoices, tray requests, tray rotation, and other documentation as required by SIS or the customer.
- Acquire a purchase order number from customers for each repair visit where appropriate.
- Maintain a master tray list for each customer including service dates
- Identify areas of improvement regarding quality issues, and offer solutions
- Actively participate in continued education and training
- Any and all duties as assigned by SIS
- Capable of using both hands to manipulate instruments, tools and machinery
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Ability to work well under deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to operate semi-autonomously
- Aptitude for analyzing and solving problems
- Capable of standing/being on feet majority of the day
- Capable of occasionally lifting items up to 50 pounds
- Maintain a professional demeanor