Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Lexington Surgery Center is a free-standing multi-specialty outpatient surgical facility with 6 OR's and 2 procedure rooms performing approximately 6000 cases per year and rising. We have served the Lexington and surrounding area since 1983. Providing high quality, compassionate care to both adult and pediatric patients is our specialty. We are deeply committed to our Values of Clinical Quality, Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Service Excellence, and Continuous Improvement. We are focused and driven to a high level of Teammate Engagement and Physician Satisfaction
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for Surgical Technicians at our facility. Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians' preference cards
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
- Adheres to aseptic technique when opening sterile packages and preparing for the procedure
- Arranges instruments according to given procedure
- Correctly uses, cares for, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment as directed
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety
- Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeons' preference cards
The ideal candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with their team.
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Completion of surgical scrub technician course
- Operating room experience
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Two years previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
- ORT certification
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Surgical Care Affiliates